The Impact of Tooth Loss in Adulthood
- TMJ and Tinnitus: Is Your Jaw Joint Behind the Ringing in Your Ears?
- What Causes Dizziness? How are TMJ Disorder and Dizziness Connected?
- TMJ Disorder Case Study: Painful Jaw, Closed-Lock and Clicking in Joints
- TMJ Disorder Case Study: Deviation Of Lower Jaw And Facial Asymmetry
- TMJ Treatment: Pain Management and Finding the Root Cause
Besides getting your wisdom teeth removed as directed by your doctor, what could happen if you ignore losing one or more of your other 28 teeth?
However, it’s not just about those unsightly gaps. The loss of one tooth may lead to more aggravated issues such as further tooth loss, bite problems, gum disease and tooth decay. Even eventual bone deterioration, and in the rare instance, the potential collapse of facial structure if many teeth are lost. This could make one appear years older than they actually are and cause nutritional and other health troubles.
Regular dental checks can help prevent tooth loss through early detection.